First off wrap up of my summer, my internship went great. I learned a lot I had a great experience, I got to work with developing two different tools for the team I am working with. The first one was a lab utility tool (or at least that is what I am calling it). It was a combination of a tool for other teams to send in requests of what they want the team to test, and a inventory system. I built it using access and SharePoint (to let the tool sync across users). The second tool was a resource utilization monitor to run on ESXi (VMware) to monitor the utilization of specific processes we were testing that I built in Python.
Now about school, my clubs are kicking off and should be fun and classes are pretty interesting.
- Strategic Management and Polices - It is about high level management like how management comes up with mission statements and measures performance
- Operations Management - kind of the opposite of Strategy, it is all about the more nitty gritty management dealing right with the employees
- Digital Forensics and Information Assurance Fundamentals - it is all about cyber security and well digital forensics (collecting evidence off of computers)
- Special Topics in MIS -
- Business Network Management - we are learning about how networks work both the tech and logistics
- Managerial Economics - it is basically next level business analysis, it combines it with economics and calculus
- Business Database Management II - getting more in the nitty gritty of databases, deeper into theory and more SQL.
Should be a good year
Oh and on top of all that I am helping my friend set up a modded Minecraft server, it is almost ready.